Rush Hour is an American police procedural comedy television series developed by Blake McCormick and Bill Lawrence that is based on the popular film franchise of the same name created by Ross LaManna. Similar to the films, the series follows Detective Carter, a radical LAPD detective, and Detective Lee, a by-the-book detective from Hong Kong, as they are forced into forming an unlikely partnership. CBS placed a series order on May 8, 2015. The show premiered on March 31, 2016.
Main cast Edit
- Justin Hires as Detective James Steven Carter, a reckless LAPD detective who is partnered with an serious detective from Hong Kong, Detective Lee. He is based on the character that Chris Tucker portrayed in the Rush Hour film series.
- Jon Foo as Detective Jonathan Lee, a strict detective from Hong Kong who is partnered with a brash detective from the LAPD, Detective Carter. He is based on the character that Jackie Chan portrayed in the Rush Hour film series.
- Aimee Garcia as Sergeant Didi Diaz, Carter's former partner. After her son Derrick was born, she decided to work from her desk instead of on the streets. To avoid from her being humiliated from the other cops, Carter took the heat and let them believe that he dumped her as a partner.
- Page Kennedy as Gerald Page, a low life criminal and Carter's cousin who is secretly his and Lee's informant to help them solve cases. When he was 16, he and Carter robbed a man outside a liquor store with a unloaded BB gun. When the cops arrived, he told Carter to run, believing he had more potential in life than he ever would.
- Wendie Malick as Captain Lindsay Cole, Carter's and Lee's no nonsense captain. She gets annoyed with Carter's wild behavior when he's on a case, but also recognizes that he's a great detective. She finds Detective Lee extremely attractive.
Recurring cast Edit
- Jessika Van as Kim Lee, a former Hong Kong police officer and Lee's younger sister. When she first arrived in Los Angeles, she joined the Chinese crime organization Kwan Dao, believing that her big brother wasn't letting her live up to her full potential as a cop.
- Kirk Fox as Donovan, a detective who works with Carter and Lee. He and Carter have a strong dislike for each other.
Main article: Episode Guide